Here are five ways to save money on dedicated hosting packages.
- Look for specials. Just like any other company, hosting companies need to run specials often. Set up a Google Alert using a specific company's name or different keyword combinations. When you get an alert, check out the package reduction deal.
- Only take what you need. Hosting companies will charge you for a complete package, but you may not need a complete package. If you really don't need everything that you're paying for, cut your package by eliminating what you no longer need. You can save some money this way!
- Go long-term: more often than not, you can save a few dollars by signing a long-term contract. If you have the option to sign up for a service for a long period of time to save some dollars, make sure to do that if it makes sense.
- Go for free. If you get an offer from a hosting company offering you any service for free, take it. If that service expires, simply opt out. That's a simple enough tactic, right?
- Shop around. This one should be a no-brainer. Take the time to shop around for what you want in a web hosting package. Look for dedicated server options that work for you. You should be able to find the lowest rate relatively quickly.